Sep 19, 2009

Sin azucar otra vez

It's that time of year again. Time to lock down the eating habits. I have done well with the no cheese, no donuts diet but now I am upping it a notch for the final push. No more sugar. I am hoping this will help me drop a few last lbs before race day and assist in an immodium free race. Of course, I will still eat fruits, but no more cakes, candy, dr. peppers, and donuts. At least not until the race. Of course, there are a few exceptions.
1)I can still have sugar when I run my long runs since pretty much anything other than gummy bears, gummy worms and reeses peanut butter cups come right up in runs over an hour. And added bonus - this may also entice me to run longer.
2) I can have chocolate milk after my long runs. For me, it is the best recovery drink out there. If possible I will use sugar free chocolate, but I am not switching to a soy milk.
3) I can have dessert at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Other than that no sugar until race day. I have a friend who is my inspiration, although she is way more hard core than I am. She is going 52 weeks no sugar, and every time I want to pick up a cupcake, I can remember that she is not caving, so I cant either. Go Michele, I am right there with you for the next few months!

No comments: