Oct 1, 2009

2010 Race on the calendar


Today my brother sent out an email to a few of his friends and me telling us to sign up for Timberman next August. The race starts in Gilford NH. I had to look that up on a map to really know where I would be racing, but I went ahead and signed up for serveral reasons. 1) I havent raced a triathlon all year and I am excited to start training for one again, 2) I have never raced with my brother since we have lived in separate cities for so long and that has made it logistically very difficult, 3) from the email strings of the jokers invited to join, it looks like the shit talking is soon to begin, and 4) I really want to beat my brother! I am looking forward to racing and traveling (especially post race) with this group of potential hooligans. Before then I have to find a pool to train in and a weekend bike ride route that is safe from narcos and crazy Mexican drivers, but those are just details.
I am still in Cabo headed to Houston tomorrow to eat some queso! I cant wait. I am excited to see my friends and family, but really I have been dreaming all week about Friday's dinner. And yes, my friends and family know where they stand in importance in my life - just one little step after queso. My body may revolt since I havent eaten cheese in forever, but I dont care. We land at 6 and will be sitting at a table with a margarita and a bowl of deliciousness by 7:30. I had a little bit of free time today to enjoy the scenery and dream about tomorrow's dinner. This is my view from just outside of my hotel room.


And here I am happy to be at the beach again.

Training has been going well this week and I have hit all my workouts, and my legs are screaming. Today was 6 mile repeats at 7:00 pace, tomorrow is an easy run, and saturday I have a 14 mile run. After that starts the recovery week, and I will be enjoying it stuffing my face in one of the country's fattest cities.

1 comment:

GetBackJoJo said...

I just signed up too-and I signed my husband up! It's a GREAT race, albeit a little on the hard side. The swim is a bit long, the bike is tough for the first and last 10 miles (but pretty good in the middle) and the run is more than a little rolling. But it is really well-run, and so much fun.
Glad you're coming north!!!
I just started following your blog, so I am not sure how you are in Mexico now... Do you still live in Hawaii usually?