Jan 7, 2010

Is it still Christmas?

I finally remembered to take my camera out when I passed by our Mexico City Christmas tree. I guess this is what you get when you live in a concrete city. It is made of 100% scaffolding and has been up since the middle of November.

It even has little metal snowflakes and is sponsored by Pepsi.

I am all for holiday decoratinos, especially since it is the first metal tree I have seen, but it is January 7th and there is no sign of them taking it down. It took almost 3 weeks to put it up, so at this rate when my family comes in Feb, they will get to experience the Mexico City tree. I actually lived right across the street from this circle this time last year and I dont remember seeing this tree. I hope they dont leave it up year round, but maybe the economy is so bad here they cant afford to remove it.
Chris and I are headed to Houston next weekend to run the houston half. This race is my favorite and it filled up in about 2 minutes this year. Crazy! I have my last longish run on sunday of 11 miles and then it is an easy week next week. Chris has been tapering since he finished the turkey trot in November. I think he has run a total of 5 times this year and will still probably kick my ass.
Ok, now I need to go concentrate on what's really important in life...The Longhorns beating Bama in the game tonight. Hook EM!

1 comment:

Mike Russell said...

Go Longhorns! Good luck with your race this weekend. Don't drink too much Shiner Bock when the Horns win it tonight.