Jun 29, 2010

Things are getting back to normal

First a WC update. After yesterday all three of my teams are now officially out, which means I have to find someone else to cheer for. I am a little torn between Argentina (where everyone in my division at work is from except my boss and me, so if I want to grow in my career...well, you know), Brazil (I really like the colors and am going there right after the final match so it would be fun to see that celebration), and Portugal (because I can really watch Ronaldo play all day long). Since the US snd Mexico are out, things have gone a little back to normal. After a booze and food filled weekend, I am back to my healthy eating and limited alcohol consumption. Although thankfully I have the Tour to watch once the world cup ends while I am riding those endless hours on the trainer.
There is that little event called Ironman happening in my hometown. I am seriously contemplating it (assuming it didnt sell out between last night and today). But I have to find somewhere to swim if I am going to do this. It will also be the only triathlon I do between now and then, so that might make it difficult. But having my family and friends there would more than make up for it. And I have a marathon not too long before, which means at least my run training will be there. Either way, I know there are a ton of people racing it, so I will head to Houston to watch. And to those of you who are saying how hot and humid it may be, be careful. I did a tri that same weekend a few years ago in Houston and it was wetsuit legal. May is a crap shoot there. It probably will be hotter than what you are used to, but the 105 heat indexes usually dont come until late June or July.*

*Although this year it was hotter than hell the first weekend of June, so you never know!

1 comment:

Maggs said...

There's a handful of folks from Hawaii headed to that race as well.