The doctor called and gave me the news I have been waiting for. Apparently one leg is significantly longer than the other. I always knew this but every doctor and chiro I went to said it was because my hips were tight and then stretched me or pulled me until I was closer to even. Apparently that wont ever help because the xrays came back saying that one bone is actually longer than the other. By a lot. I knew that this might be what was going on, but I was really hoping that the other doctors/chiros were right and that stretching and strength exercises were all that I needed. I need those, but I also need some really expensive orthotics that will raise my short leg up. I wonder if these lifts will make me taller and I will actually be the 5’5” that I claim I am. The good news is that this will help my hip and probably (hopefully) my speed. I was also told that I need to get my bike refit because they need to take into account my leg difference. Apparently a new fit will give me more power too. Score.
My sweet mom went and picked them up for me at the doc's and is bringing them with her next weekend when she comes to visit us. The weird thing I that I have had zero hip pain since before the marathon. Maybe just going to the doctor cured me and I dont need these ridiculously expensive orthotics. But they are already purchased and heading to Mexico. These things better help fix me. Or at least make me taller.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment