Oct 19, 2011

Lots of things going on.

So apparently something is going on with my header image, and since I have been lame-o and not on here a lot, I don't know how long it has been like that. I will have to get my blog guru Chris to fix it. The past month has flown by. I thought we were still in September and then whoops, it was my birthday, and then an engagement party, and then Chris's birthday. Last time I thought about it our wedding was 3 months away and I could relax. Now it is less than three weeks away and unfortunately am still relaxing. It is too late to get to wedding weight (very similar to racing weight but without the back and shoulder bulk), so all i can hope for is that the swimming I have been doing 3x a week has kept my arms strong enough to paddle out in Sayulita. It will be our fist time on surfboards since moving from Hawaii, and really I think we are more excited about that then about the actual wedding. My mom is thankfully still going strong on the wedding planning or else there wouldn't be much else besides patron and food because let's get real, that is all I really need to have a good time.
Being back in town with friends and family has been amazing, but also busy. Gone are the days when I can just work and train and sleep and eat. Now I have to actually plan my training around other things. Like happy hours and day drinking for the football games. I have kept at the training and racing sporadically and am seeing some improvements on the bike and run, but I have to say I am really looking forward to that 2 week break that comes after next weekend's 70.3 in Austin. I am nowhere near the shape I was in for IMTX, but I think I can fake it through. After the break I start up again with Vegas 1/2 marathon in December and then it is full on IM training again. I have tried to make this trip for the past few years but work got in the way. I am hoping that this year will be the year I get on that plane. Chris has never been, so this can be like a post mini-moon, mini-moon as long as we aren't sick of each other.
Here are some photos of the past weekend since blogs without photos suck, even thought I do that often.

Pre-Race engagement party. We stayed until the margarita machine was out of juice. To make it last longer we mixed it with the beer from the Shiner keg. If it was anything like our wedding will be, my liver is in trouble.



There is no race report from the race because it ended before I really woke up that day, so I cant remember enough to write anything other than I was first out of the swim, got passed by 4 people in transition and on the bike, and never saw another person in my AG on the run, so I stopped paying attention and came in 5th. Here are some photos that I snagged from yoursportingimage.com.
The photog on the bike happened to get me right when my foot snapped out of place. I almost crashed into him. Could have been the alcohol from the party.


On the run - running for my post race beer and pizza. Maybe the often consumed pizza and beer is why I didnt get to wedding weight.



And just for fun - more pictures of my perfect neice. I get some almost every day and I am obsessed with her. Luckily they are heading to Austin this weekend so I will get some quality babysitting time.


No comments: