Long version coming soon - i promise. With more pictures. Below is one from the "run" which was really a walk. I dont remember this part. Or seeing my friends on the course at all, but apparently I stopped and chatted.
Jun 13, 2012
That was a while ago
I just realized how long it has been since I blogged! I figured it was about 2 months, but I was way off. I have had a race report written for IMTX since a couple days after it happened, but every time I try and log on, I am blocked from posting anything. And now that I can post, I dont have the draft with me. So tomorrow (or next month) I will post it.
Short version - My swim was right on target with 1:12 (last year was 1:18 and people said the course this year was a bit longer, but who knows). I swam in the non wetsuit swim and finished 3rd, but overall AG finished 12 after you counted in the wetsuit swimmers. The water was not wetsuit legal, but was in that grey area where you could wear one if you wanted. The bike was also better in time, but I felt much sicker (more sick?) this year. Time was 6:15 vs 6:33 last year. And the run was a whole other story. I was out there longer than I biked (I think it was 6:23 but Im too lazy to look it up). I was hoping to run a 4:30 or 5 at the slowest. I made a mistake on the bike that I know better than to make. Total time was 30 seconds slower this year than last. The day was much harder. Last year was record cool temps (in the high 80s/low 90s and overcast) and this year was your normal Houston hot humid summer and I saw more pukers and people sleeping/passed out/resting out on the course than ever before in any race. I heard 12.5% didnt finish, 400 went to medical sometime during or after the race, and 23 went to the hospital. Im pretty pissed about my race, but glad I wasnt part of one of those statistics.
Long version coming soon - i promise. With more pictures. Below is one from the "run" which was really a walk. I dont remember this part. Or seeing my friends on the course at all, but apparently I stopped and chatted.
Long version coming soon - i promise. With more pictures. Below is one from the "run" which was really a walk. I dont remember this part. Or seeing my friends on the course at all, but apparently I stopped and chatted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just found your blog! Love it - cant wait to hear about IMTX
Post a Comment