Nov 26, 2008

Oops I crapped my pants....

Last night my family went out to dinner. This was the wine bottle we finished off. I have never seen a wine bottle this big. Apparently this is what my dad ordered. And here is my grandmother trying to finish it off.



This is my dad after the wine was gone. I have no idea what he is doing or why he has only one ski glove. It is not snowing in Houston.



Wednesday night is a big night in Houston. Since noone has to work on Thursday it is the only night while I am in town that everyone is able to go out together. However, tomorrow is the big race. The TXU 10K turkey trot where Chris and I will debut our outfits. A 10K on top of almost zero sleep after a late night out will lead to trouble. We might all need some of these:



It is always a craps shoot to see who all shows up to struggle through the run, but as of now we have 15 friends and family members signed up (Polly signed up twice so she counts as two). I will give a complete race report along with photos tomorrow.

And since it is Thanksgiving tomorrow I guess I should post up what I am thankful for..

1) oops I crapped my pants

2) A wonderful family that is so competitive we all show up to the turkey trot and try and beat everyone else no matter how bad we feel.

3) The food in Houston. Every meal is delicious and will cause me to gain some lbs while I am in town.

4) The vet who is watching my little monsters while I go home and race my family and eat until I cant fit into my lululemon pants anymore

5) My mom and Mrs Smith – the two people who are completely responsible for feeding all of us. We have the same meal every year (and it is incredible) with the same two families and I look forward to it all year long.

6) A job that transferred me to Hawaii from Houston so that I am not exposed to this food year round saving me a life of obesity.

7) The fact that I haven't gained 5 lbs in 3 days like Chris has

8) Thanksgiving – it is the perfect holiday. You aren’t expected to do anything except to show up in a clean outfit and eat and drink as much as you can.

No comments: