
I have been struggling with which marathon I was going to do this year for a few weeks. NYC is not possible due to some work obligations. I thought I would do Chicago, but it is on my birthday weekend as well as Texas/OU weekend and I am going to try and go to that game. There were a few more options I considered, but I settled on Las Vegas. It is a flat course, good weather, Chris has never been there, my mom wants to go, and best of all it is before the new year (Houston was another option, but it is on January 16th) so I dont have to train like crazy over the holidays. Even better, it is college football season so we can go bet and watch the games that we dont get in Mexico. When I told my mom I was running it she responded with "Chris and I will wait for you at the pool at the Wynn. Or the sportsbook. Or the spa. A myriad of options." I guess I am going to be sherpa-less at this race. Official training for the NYC half starts today and it just so happens that the monday after that race, marathon training begins. Bring it.

4 comments:
This one sounds like fun since it is a "Rock n Roll" I am sure you will have plenty of Vegas entertainment during the run!!
Vegas, baby!! great choice. the wynn buffet post race is also a great choice.
the race will be so much better with the new ownership/rock and roll. i also hear the endurance sports awards may be moved to vegas and take place that weekend.
awesome!
Beth! I was going to send you a note to see if you had any advice. Wynn buffet sounds awesome!
I like both of your choices. I did the NYC Half a couple of years ago. A fun run. The loop though Central Park keeps it from being hot. Be sure to look up as you run through Times Square. They broadcast the runners on the big screen. I did Vegas last December. A good time. It will only be better now that its a Rock & Roll event.
Post a Comment