Nov 13, 2009

Another long weekend

This is a photo my friend took of doggie school in our neighborhood. I love the great dane that is posing in the background. Señor (our driver/dog walker/mr fix it) said he is scared of Liko who is about 1/10 of his size. Come to think of it, he was probably looking our way to make sure that Liko was safely on a leash.

Our little terrors are not this advanced yet. I would try and put them in, but last time we were in an obedience class Liko fell in love with one of the other little dogs and barked his way through every class. I think he only graduated because the teacher didnt want to have to deal with him for another 8 weeks.
Every run this week has been on the dreadmill with the trusty brace, but things are starting to feel better. I am going to try my long run outside this weekend and hope to avoid all potholes for the entire 14 miles. The pace is still on the slow side but each day I am able to get closer to where I want to be. I am still debating on the turkey trot distance too. Chris is doing a trial run this weekend to see how far he can go before he decides. He has given more effort to his tequila tasting than his running, but who can blame him. My little brother has committed to the 10K. I am going to wait a few more days and see if the ankle heals. I can do a 5K fast with the ankle now but I dont know if I want to suffer through a 10K. Especially on my favorite holiday of the year.
Since it is our 2nd of 3 long weekends in November, Monday will be filled with a whole lot of nothing. I am starting to feel like a slacker.

No comments: